This project is read-only.

Exception when having multiple requests

May 3, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Hi,

I just tried to open a second request with BeginOpenRequest(), while another request was still in progress.

When I do this, I get a NullReferenceException for object 'session':

at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.GetMetaDataPath(DropBoxSession session, String DropBoxPath)
   at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.FillUpChilds(DropBoxSession session, ICloudDirectoryEntry parent)
   at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.GetRoot(DropBoxSession session)
   at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.DropBoxStorageProvider.GetRoot()
   at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.CloudStorage.GetRoot()
   at Cairo.DropboxViewer.Services.DropboxService.OpenAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
   at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.CloudStorage.OpenRequestCallback(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadPool.WorkItem.doWork(Object o)
   at System.Threading.Timer.ring()

Is it possible to have multiple request at the same time? Or how can I achieve this?

Marc

May 3, 2011 at 2:17 PM
Hi,

currently the idea is to handle multiple request in different CloudStorage-Instances, this mean if you want to use more than one request just build a second instance of the CloudStorage-Object with the help of our copy constructor (available in 1.1-Trunk)

Hope this helps
Dirk

2011/5/3 marcdrexler <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

I just tried to open a second request with BeginOpenRequest(), while another request was still in progress.

When I do this, I get a NullReferenceException for object 'session':

at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.GetMetaDataPath(DropBoxSession session, String DropBoxPath)
at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.FillUpChilds(DropBoxSession session, ICloudDirectoryEntry parent)
at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.Logic.DropBoxApplication.GetRoot(DropBoxSession session)
at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.DropBoxStorageProvider.GetRoot()
at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.CloudStorage.GetRoot()
at Cairo.DropboxViewer.Services.DropboxService.OpenAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult ar)
at AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.CloudStorage.OpenRequestCallback(Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadPool.WorkItem.doWork(Object o)
at System.Threading.Timer.ring()

Is it possible to have multiple request at the same time? Or how can I achieve this?

Marc

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 3, 2011 at 6:36 PM

Hi Dirk,

first, thank you very much for the quick response.

Yes, I want to use the same cloudstorage (dropbox). I tried the copy constructor from the latest trunk, and this seem to work. But unfortunately there is no DropBoxCredentialsToken class anymore and therefore I have some other problems now :-) I think I'll wait until the next release will be finished.

Thanks

Marc

May 3, 2011 at 7:03 PM
Hi,

what kind of issues do you have? The idea is to hide the specific implementation behind an interface so that the consumer of the library does not see any specific DropBox classes? Would be very helpful to get a clear understanding of your requirements?

Thanks
Dirk

2011/5/3 marcdrexler <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Dirk,

first, thank you very much for the quick response.

Yes, I want to use the same cloudstorage (dropbox). I tried the copy constructor from the latest trunk, and this seem to work. But unfortunately there is no DropBoxCredentialsToken class anymore and therefore I have some other problems now :-) I think I'll wait until the next release will be finished.

Thanks

Marc

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

May 3, 2011 at 9:49 PM

Hi Dirk,

I had a look at your sample project 'DropBoxBrowser.WP7', and saw that there is the same problem now. I looked at this project earlier to see how everything works.

Opening a first request with username and password works fine, but how do you use the token for following requests? Because this section is now commented out.

In an earlier version you could create the token this way:

new DropBoxCredentialsToken(consumerKey, consumerSecret, accessToken);

and use this for the next request.

but since this is not available anymore in the current trunk, I think you are doing some major changes, so I better wait until you are finished.

Marc