Delete file and get file issue

Feb 4, 2011 at 5:55 PM

Hey, I am monitoring a shared dropbox folder; and when i see a specific file, I upload it somewhere and move the file up one directory in the dropbox. When I move it, the file is deleted from the old directory and added to the new one. The problem is that the file isn't permanently deleted, it is just marked as deleted. If I do GetFile() on that same name again, GetFile() will work when I don't want it to. For some reason GetFile is grabbing files that are marked as deleted. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? I don't believe GetFile() should do this.

Thanks,

Ron

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 2:16 PM
HI,

I think we should fix this and add a special deleted files support feature. Please create an issue, I will plan this for the next service release.

Dirk

2011/2/4 searl1 <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hey, I am monitoring a shared dropbox folder; and when i see a specific file, I upload it somewhere and move the file up one directory in the dropbox. When I move it, the file is deleted from the old directory and added to the new one. The problem is that the file isn't permanently deleted, it is just marked as deleted. If I do GetFile() on that same name again, GetFile() will work when I don't want it to. For some reason GetFile is grabbing files that are marked as deleted. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? I don't believe GetFile() should do this.

Thanks,

Ron

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com