This project is read-only.

Suggestion about CloudStorage.SynchronizeFolder

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:58 AM

The CloudStorage class has this nice helper method SynchronizeFolder. I think, when uploading should be done in three steps:

1. A modified should file to the cloud storage with a new name, for example, myfile.txt.upl
  2. Existing file deleted
  3. myfile.txt.upl renamed to the myfile.txt

The reason for the above the solution proposed above is to prevent the file stored in the cloud to become corrupted in case if the upload operation would fail in the middle.

What do you think?

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:46 PM
Hi,

it's a good idea. I would add a uuid as postfix instead of upl to avoid some naming clashes. Will realize this when I move forward with this feature. When ever you want to take this feature feel free :-)

Dirk

2010/10/11 scode <notifications@codeplex.com>

The CloudStorage class has this nice helper method SynchronizeFolder. I think, when uploading should be done in three steps:

1. A modified should file to the cloud storage with a new name, for example, myfile.txt.upl
  2. Existing file deleted
  3. myfile.txt.upl renamed to the myfile.txt

The reason for the above the solution proposed above is to prevent the file stored in the cloud to become corrupted in case if the upload operation would fail in the middle.

What do you think?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Oct 11, 2010 at 4:50 PM

I think first this feature request should be implemented first:
http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/workitem/14431

And then UploadFile method should be implemented using newly added method. This way UploadFile should work much faster comparing to the current version.