Sync Folder

Sep 13, 2010 at 1:17 PM

Hi there!

The comfort function to upload was great, but I have another suggestion:

Create a function to syncronize an entire folder.

eg:

// instanciate the cloudstorage manager
            CloudStorage storage = new CloudStorage();

// Enumerate all files and verify the need to upload each file
storage.SyncFolder("%temp%\", "/Public");

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 8:20 PM

Hi,

thats a good idea. I will submit something in the couple next days :-)

Do you have a specific project for what are you want to use SharpBox?

regards

Dirk

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Hi,

I create a first unittest and a api prototype for the syncfolder stuff. Would you be so kind to have a look on this? Additionally I added a new upcoming comfort function which allows you to create full pathes recursivly like mkdir -p is doing this. Please check out the example here: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Create%20Folder%20very%20easy&referringTitle=Documentation

regards

Dirk

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:05 AM

Hi,

I'm using Sharpbox to buid a Windows Service that upload files to dropbox as daily backup.

I will test your prototype and keep you informed!

Thanks again!

Sep 14, 2010 at 11:51 AM

I have looking SynchronizeFolder and thats how I need it.

The comfort functions are working fine to get paths.

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:11 PM

Hi,

You can fix the code (DirectoryDiff.cs) below:

int m = Math.Max(localFiles.Keys.Count, remoteFiles.Keys.Count);

To:

int m = Math.Max(localFiles.Keys.Count, remoteFiles.Keys.Count)-1;

Sep 22, 2010 at 3:20 PM

ops!

its a bug... ignore my last message.

The bug hapens when you have a diferent number of files in local disk and cloud.

I will test and give you the feedback

Coordinator
Sep 22, 2010 at 9:24 PM
Hi,

currently the sync API is just an early draft version. Currently I'm thinking about an slightly different to work with this sync stuff. I will support to sync the content between two ICloudDirectoryEntries. To Sync from local to cloudstorage a specific local storage provider should wrap the local file system.

What do you think about this stuff?

regars
Dirk

2010/9/22 transis <notifications@codeplex.com>

ops!

its a bug... ignore my last message.

The bug hapens when you have a diferent number of files in local disk and cloud.

I will test and give you the feedback

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:05 AM

It would be nice sync cloud folders.

I will wait for an improved version of sync API.

In this early version, when you upload a file whith e.g.: 3.000.000 bytes it creates an file with 4.194.306 bytes in the cloud.

Coordinator
Sep 26, 2010 at 10:42 AM
Hi,

thanks for your feedback. I will work on this for the next couple weeks.

regards
Dirk

2010/9/23 transis <notifications@codeplex.com>

It would be nice sync cloud folders.

I will wait for an improved version of sync API.

In this early version, when you upload a file whith e.g.: 3.000.000 bytes it creates an file with 4.194.306 bytes in the cloud.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com