Field Stories

Coordinator
Jun 28, 2010 at 7:59 PM

I'd like to collect some field stories about using SharpBox. Can you please describe, in just a couple of lines, where and how you are want to use it?

Jul 31, 2011 at 8:25 PM

I have developed a Point-of-Sale application for the floral industry that uses MySQL as the database. Recently I have had inquiries about backuping up the data. With that said, I wanted to backup the data locally and then upload it to Dropbox. All of this is being programmed using Visual Studio 2008, vb.net. So far, I have it working like a champ, but there is a snag. It looks like because it is a desktop application, that Dropbox has different rules. Now I have to implement oAuth and we have to save a token instead of their credentials.....

I have created a windows service that, based on internal settings set by the consumer, will automatically backup there database, encrypt it, zip it, then upload it to Dropbox! It is pretty sweet, but now I am going back to the drawing board on the oAuth to see how that works....

Aug 1, 2011 at 2:00 AM

At Fungusware we have a free Home and Small Business backup software that used to custom code the access to online providers. With SharpBox we can now easily offer new and more diverse solutions for online storage and it has greatly simplified our internal object model allowing us to focus on other areas of the product.

http://www.fungusware.com