This project is read-only.

prerequisites

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:31 AM

Should i have to be registered as a developer on drop box to use this? or just as a regular user?

Is there any other prerequisite?

Jun 9, 2010 at 6:45 AM
Edited Jun 9, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Hi,

the API needs two things from you and/or dropbox.

1. Dropbox does not allow to get access to the full filesystem. It's only allowed to work with one or more applications in the users dropbox. This means someone has to create a dropbox application as a developer at the dropbox site. After this the developer will get an application key and an application secret. This components has to be integrated into the application which should use this part of your dropbox. During the first login, a relation ship with this application will be generated for the user and a sandbox folder will be created (in the users dropbox)!

I created one testapplication for public use with the folling data:

Name: sharpboxtest
Key: 5zfpm5e2lz9rcj9
Secret: vgbqmnmuof07vbj

If you have this information, no registration at dropbox developer is not, otherwise do it.

2. Every User has a username and password for his own drop box, this is needed the get access to the users dropbox in the application sandbox folder which was created through the authorization process

regards
Dirk

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

I create a permanent site with the test configuration information: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Page%20DropBox%20Test-Application%20Configuration&referringTitle=Page%20CreateFolder%20Sample

Dirk

Aug 9, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Hi,

in case of changes in the way dropbox handles developer accounts and application keys and secrets, this sample data are no more valid. Every developers has to be registered at dropbox to generate a separate application for testing purposes!

regards
Dirk