This project is read-only.

DropBox declined production key request

Oct 11, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I am using sharpbox with a web browser control inside a windows form application AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBoxApplicationAuthorization2010. 

Dropbox has declined my production key request. Here is the message they gave. Is there something I am missing here? I took the sample code provided verbatim with the expectation this would work with Dropbox. What I am missing here?

Your production key request was declined for the following reason:

Your app has the user complete the OAuth process via a browser built into your app, instead of the user's own default browser. API apps should send the user to their own browser to complete the OAuth login and authorization, in order to make the process easy, accessible and secure. (For instance, the user is likely already logged in to Dropbox in their own browser.)

Jan 28, 2013 at 4:25 PM

I'm doing it with a browser in my Windows app also but I have not submitted it for approval yet.  Have you solved this problem?

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM

If you are doing it with the "user's native browser instance then you should be fine. I was using a browser in my Windows Forms application via the Windows Forms webbrowser control but this wasn't enough where DropBox wants the "user's native browser instance which will only ever work unless your using SharpBox in web application. I never resolved the issue as unless I did the authentication with a browser then DropBox wasn't going to approve my application. ***rant*** It's flat our ridiculousness that DropBox allows something one standard one day and then has a new standard the next day. 

Jan 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Edited Jan 28, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Currently I am using a browser control in my Windows forms app so I might get the same problem as you.  

I have just tested it with shelling out to the normal browser and I have it working like that too but it feels more disjointed because I am going to have to put a wait prompt in the Windows program so that they can switch back to the Windows program and then ask them have you logged in?

I suppose I can put a message on the final AuthorizationCallBack URL page to tell them to switch back to the Windows app.

When you got the rejection from Dropbox was there any opportunity for discussion with them?  Did they answer emails?

Is it easy to resubmit after a rejection from Dropbox?

Anybody have any better ideas?