DropBoxTokenIssuer.exe not working !!! why?? please help

Jun 15, 2012 at 9:57 AM

i need help i followed all the instructions in creating a c# console application in the pdf provided in this website to access drop box, i am using visual studio 2010 proffessional

my problem is when i run DropBoxTokenIssuer.exe from bin folder or from packages folder and i provide the key and secret taken from dropbox and i press authorize it gives me an exception "object reference not set to an instance of an object" and no file is generated....

all the steps before that stage are good i need help urgently thank you.

Dec 10, 2012 at 12:08 PM

I'm having the same problem. Any help please?

Thanks 

Dec 14, 2012 at 7:04 AM
Edited Dec 14, 2012 at 8:13 AM

I've had no luck getting DropBoxTokenIssuer.exe to work either, and have unfortunately put forth quite an effort trying different things.

I enter my key, secret, and browse for my output file.  I click authorize.  This takes me to the DropBox login page.  I enter my credentials and login.  I click 'allow' to grant access to my application.

Then we get an HTTP500 error and no working token file.  Am I missing something?  There seems to be lots of evidence around different forums that this tool used to work, but has completely quit working at some point in the last 1-3 months.

Jan 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Please refer this...

http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/workitem/18848