Dropbox: how select the right root

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:53 AM

Hi guys,

I'm working on dropbox. I asked to dropbox support to "downgrade" ma permissions to "sandbox" instead of "full", in order to avoid to see all users files and folders... but just my app folder.

So, on user registration, the dropbox server creates my app folder (ex: "myappfolder") and if exists with a usual naming convention the folders is called "myappfolder (1)"... "myappfolder (2)" and so on...

The dropbox support asked me to do this:

"you should just set the "root" in your config to "sandbox" instead of "dropbox" and / will become a reference to the sandbox folder".

I didn't find any parameter in the DropBoxConfiguration class about this config.

Any idea about how to do this?

Bye, Tonio

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 9:56 AM
Normally it should detected automatically.

I have to check it with my account, please open a bug for this

Thank you
Dirk

Sent from my iPhone

On 11.10.2011, at 11:53, tonioplex <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi guys,

I'm working on dropbox. I asked to dropbox support to "downgrade" ma permissions to "sandbox" instead of "full", in order to avoid to see all users files and folders... but just my app folder.

So, on user registration, the dropbox server creates my app folder (ex: "myappfolder") and if exists with a usual naming convention the folders is called "myappfolder (1)"... "myappfolder (2)" and so on...

The dropbox support asked me to do this:

"you should just set the "root" in your config to "sandbox" instead of "dropbox" and / will become a reference to the sandbox folder".

I didn't find any parameter in the DropBoxConfiguration class about this config.

Any idea about how to do this?

Bye, Tonio

Oct 12, 2011 at 2:53 PM

Thanks dei79, I inserted a new entry in the issue tracker and contact the dropbox support in order to explain the strange behaviour of the API's (that allows me to list all files even if the app should have only sandbox permissions).

Thanks, Tonio