This project is read-only.

Sharing folders with any of the providers

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:47 PM

Hi,

Firstly may I congratulate you on great looking API and a very good idea to prevent vendor lock-in.

However, I need to create secure folders and share these with external partners. I need to do this through the API to automate the process. Your API may be restricted from doing this by the providers, but do any of them support the ability to share folders with email addresses using their API ?

Thanks,

Darren

Oct 5, 2011 at 11:51 PM
Hi,

just a minute ago DropBox started the Beta for the next version of their API. With this version we plan to support filer sharing and access to older versions so with one of the next version of SharpBox we will support this in a generic way when the provider supports it too.

I hope this helps and answers your question? If not feel free to give us more details ;-!
Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 06.10.2011, at 00:47, "mcbridd"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

Firstly may I congratulate you on great looking API and a very good idea to prevent vendor lock-in.

However, I need to create secure folders and share these with external partners. I need to do this through the API to automate the process. Your API may be restricted from doing this by the providers, but do any of them support the ability to share folders with email addresses using their API ?

Thanks,

Darren

Oct 10, 2011 at 10:16 AM
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the API notes and contacted DropBox by email and it appears that you can share a folder or a file, but you cannot just share it with a single email address – it gets shared with everyone. They are nearly there, but still not quite what I need. Box.NET seem to have a very comprehensive API, but from what I can tell, SharpBox only integrates with it using WebDAV, which will not implement the functionality I need.

Am I correct with this assumption ?

Many thanks,
Darren

---------------------------------------------------

Sent: 05 October 2011 11:52
To: [email removed]
Subject: Re: Sharing folders with any of the providers [sharpbox:274922]

Hi,

just a minute ago DropBox started the Beta for the next version of their API. With this version we plan to support filer sharing and access to older versions so with one of the next version of SharpBox we will support this in a generic way when the provider supports it too.

I hope this helps and answers your question? If not feel free to give us more details ;-!
Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 06.10.2011, at 00:47, "mcbridd"<[email removed]> wrote:
Hi,
Thanks,
Darren
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email ([email removed])
To start a new discussion for this project, email [email removed]
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:20 AM
Hi,

you are totally right, we plan to do the following things in the mid termini future:

- Building a generic interface for versioning and sharing
- Migrating the to REST Box.Net API

When ever you want to feel free to join this project to speed up us ;-)

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 10.10.2011, at 11:16, "mcbridd"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply.

I read the API notes and contacted DropBox by email and it appears that you can share a folder or a file, but you cannot just share it with a single email address – it gets shared with everyone. They are nearly there, but still not quite what I need. Box.NET seem to have a very comprehensive API, but from what I can tell, SharpBox only integrates with it using WebDAV, which will not implement the functionality I need.

Many thanks,
Darren

Hi,

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

Hi,
Thanks,
Darren
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:38 AM
Hi Dirk,

I might just do that. ;)

I am waiting on project approval for a Box.NET project I have submitted to a client and, if approved, I might see how we could fit the API calls into SharpBox.

I will let you know.

Thanks and kind regards,
Darren

------------------------------

Sent: 10 October 2011 10:21

Hi,

you are totally right, we plan to do the following things in the mid termini future:

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 10.10.2011, at 11:16, "mcbridd"<[email removed]> wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply.

Many thanks,
Darren

Hi,

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

Hi,
Thanks,
Darren
Oct 10, 2011 at 10:42 AM
thanks cool, I'm happy about your help!

Dirk

2011/10/10 mcbridd <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi Dirk,

I might just do that. ;)

I am waiting on project approval for a Box.NET project I have submitted to a client and, if approved, I might see how we could fit the API calls into SharpBox.

I will let you know.

Thanks and kind regards,
Darren

------------------------------

Sent: 10 October 2011 10:21

Hi,

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 10.10.2011, at 11:16, "mcbridd"<[email removed]> wrote:
Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the reply.

Many thanks,
Darren

Hi,

Cheers
Dirk

Sent from my iPad

Hi,
Thanks,
Darren

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com