This project is read-only.

ProgressChanged not working for WP7

Sep 22, 2011 at 7:54 PM

Hi

Great work! I'm using this library (version 1.1.0.440) on WP7 and cannot use the progress changed event for file download or upload, because the overload does not support downloading to a stream in combination with the progress event. Has this been extended in SR1 or SR2? If not, can you extend the download and upload overload functions to allow working with streams and also progress events? In WP7 I have to use stream due to isolated storage.

Thank you!

Sep 24, 2011 at 3:36 PM
Hi,

in SR1 we support with the ICloudFileDataTransfer interface all progress callbacks also on WP7. Online the object serialization methods are disabled in that interface. Which functionality are you using in detail? Do you have a piece of code so that I can recheck it 100%?

Thanks
Dirk

2011/9/22 divinglog <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi

Great work! I'm using this library (version 1.1.0.440) on WP7 and cannot use the progress changed event for file download or upload, because the overload does not support downloading to a stream in combination with the progress event. Has this been extended in SR1 or SR2? If not, can you extend the download and upload overload functions to allow working with streams and also progress events? In WP7 I have to use stream due to isolated storage.

Thank you!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 25, 2011 at 2:59 PM

Hi Dirk

Thanks for the answer! I'm using the comfort functions from the example from here: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Up-%20and%20Download%20File&referringTitle=SharpBox%20API%20Reference

The storage.DownloadFile and storage.UploadFile functions had no overload for writing to a stream in combination with the progress callback (just writing to a file).

static void DownloadFileSimple()
        {
            // instanciate a new credentials object, e.g. for dropbox
            DropBox.DropBoxCredentials credentials = new AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.DropBoxCredentials();

// attach the application information 
            credentials.ConsumerKey = "TheApplicationKey";
            credentials.ConsumerSecret = "TheApplicationSecret";

// add the account information
            credentials.UserName = "myaccount@dropbox.com";
            credentials.Password = "mypassword";

// instanciate a cloud storage configuration, e.g. for dropbox
            DropBox.DropBoxConfiguration configuration = DropBox.DropBoxConfiguration.GetStandardConfiguration();

// instanciate the cloudstorage manager
            CloudStorage storage = new CloudStorage();

// open the connection to the storage
            storage.Open(configuration, credentials);            

// download your file from the public folder
            storage.DownloadFile("/Public/test,dat", "%temp%");

// upload your file to the public folder
            storage.UploadFile("%temp%\test.dat", "/Public");

// close the cloud storage connection
            if (storage.IsOpened)
            {
                storage.Close();