Dropbox + WP7 Mango + File download problem

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:10 PM
Edited Sep 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Hi,

with WP 7.0 I was able to open files with the WebBrowserTask by getting the one-time-generated url from the GetFileSystemObjectUrl() method.
With Mango (7.1) I am not able to download ANY files this way anymore. The download url is correct and works when trying with my Computer's Internet Explorer.

After some research, I found out that IE9 on Mango calls the url twice. And the second (visible) call, will then - of course - result in a 403 response from the dropbox server, and IE9 tells me that it is not able to download the file.

Can someone verfify this behavior?
Is there any other way to get another kind of url from this API? I think this will not being fixed quickly on the phone..

Thanks
Marc
Coordinator
Sep 13, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Hi,

not from my side, sorry

Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 13.09.2011, at 20:10, marcdrexler <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi,

with WP 7.0 I was able to open files with the WebBrowserTask by getting the one-time-generated url from the GetFileSystemObjectUrl() method.
With Mango (7.1) I am not able to download ANY files this way anymore. The download url is correct and works when trying with my Computer's Internet Explorer.
After some research, I found out that IE9 on Mango calls the url twice. And the second (visible) call, will then - of course - result in a 403 response from the dropbox server, and IE9 tells me that it is not able to download the file.
Can someone verfify this behavior?
Is there any other way to get another kind of url from this API? I think this will not being fixed quickly on the phone..
Thanks
Marc
Sep 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM

I thought about that ;)

Ok, I realized that this behaviour only happens to pdf files. It seems that it is not the browser who send the request, maybe it is the pdf reader.

It would be good, if someone can confirm this?

Thanks

Marc