This project is read-only.

Sharepoint Support

Sep 5, 2011 at 4:48 PM

Is there a plan to support Sharepoint uploading ?

Thanks

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:38 PM
Hi,

currently not really we are more focused on real internet cloud based provider. If you are interested please review our storage provider API which can be used to integrate a new storage provider in our library. If you want to I explaint a little bit more.

Thanks
Dirk

2011/9/5 hispafox <notifications@codeplex.com>

Is there a plan to support Sharepoint uploading ?

Thanks

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 8, 2011 at 10:18 PM

I thought that SharePoint supported WebDAV.  If so then why wouldn't the WebDAV provider just work?

Along those lines, IIS 7 also provides support for WebDAV.  Wouldn't that just work as well?

Sorry if I miss the obvious as all of this is new to me and I am trying to understand.  The "full discussion online" link did not work for me.

Sep 8, 2011 at 11:11 PM
Hi,

yes if SharePoint supports WebDAV it will work with our latest release. Also IIS WebDAV acces works as well.

Cheers
Dirk

2011/9/8 trailway <notifications@codeplex.com>

I thought that SharePoint supported WebDAV. If so then why wouldn't the WebDAV provider just work?

Along those lines, IIS 7 also provides support for WebDAV. Wouldn't that just work as well?

Sorry if I miss the obvious as all of this is new to me and I am trying to understand. The "full discussion online" link did not work for me.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Sep 9, 2011 at 4:03 PM

I tested using WebDAV in conjunction with both IIS 7.5 and SharePoint.  I can walk the files/directories and upload/download files.

The key, discussed elsewhere, is the line of code in WebDavAuthorizationTests which sets UploadDataStreambuffered to true.

Way cool!

Oct 6, 2011 at 11:37 PM

@Trailway,

Could you, please, state which version of SharePoint you have used? Post a code snippet on how you did the folder traversal and file upload/download?

Is it possible to create new folders or they should exist?

Regards,

Drewanz

Oct 11, 2011 at 11:46 AM

The version of SharePoint is 12.0.0.6524.

I worked on this as a proof of concept.  I did not do a lot other than that.  My plans are to spend some more time in the next month or so.

static void Main()
{
    var storage = new CloudStorage();

try
    {

ICloudStorageCredentials credentials = new GenericNetworkCredentials
                              {
                                  UserName = @"domain\youraccount",
                                  Password = @"yourpassword"
                              };

var uri = new Uri(@"http://url/to/your/site", UriKind.Absolute);

var config = new WebDavConfiguration(uri);

storage.Open(config, credentials);

// Iterate over the contents
        var folder = storage.GetRoot();
        foreach (var fileOrFolder in folder)
        {
            var isDirectory = fileOrFolder is ICloudDirectoryEntry;
            Console.WriteLine("{0}: {1}", isDirectory ? "Directory" : "File", fileOrFolder.Name);
        }

// Upload a file
        storage.UploadFile(@"C:\temp\Photo\rwatson.jpg", folder);

// Download a file
        storage.DownloadFile(folder, "rwatson.jpg", @"c:\temp\logs");
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {               
        Console.WriteLine("Caught exception " + e);
    }
    finally
    {
        storage.Close();               
    }
}

Nov 4, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Edited Nov 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM

@Trailway - many thanks - I'll be exploring this venue this month as I receive the task to build up a "document library browser" in Silverlight...

Just a comment... on the above code, to upload / download a file from SharePoint Server 2010 sp1 or SharePoint Foundation 2010 sp1 through the WebDAV, it is required to set the UploadDataStreambuffered to TRUE on the WebDavConfiguration, or you will got an exception.