Is there any way to get a temporary URL for a file in any (not necessarily public) folder?

Aug 19, 2011 at 5:10 PM

Hello,

Is there any way to get a temporary URL for a file in any (not necessarily public) folder? 

I'm thinking in something similar to what Amazon S3 allows (http://docs.amazonwebservices.com/sdkfornet/latest/apidocs/html/M_Amazon_S3_AmazonS3_GetPreSignedURL.htm), 

Many thanks,

Horacio.

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:30 PM

Use storage.GetFileSystemObjectUrl.

Chris

Coordinator
Aug 19, 2011 at 11:19 PM
Hi,

please use the trunk code, we fixed an issue for DropBox with 1.1 SR 1 (the upcoming release)

Dirk

Sent from my iPad

On 19.08.2011, at 23:30, szurgot <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Use storage.GetFileSystemObjectUrl.

Chris

Aug 21, 2011 at 10:32 PM

Thanks, it does work.

For how long will be the URL valid?

Is there any way to configure its 'time to live'?

I could not find the answer to these questions reading the code. 

I think it ends in "OAuthUrlGenerator.GenerateSignedUrl", but couldn't understand what happens there, and if there is any way to customize the time span in which the generated URL will be valid.

Thanks,

Horacio,-

Coordinator
Aug 22, 2011 at 4:17 AM
HI,

currently oAuth tokens from DropBox are valid 10 years but the call is using a nonce so it should not be possible to download the file with this link a second time. If you want to download a second time the url has to be recreated again.

Cheers
Dirk

2011/8/22 horacioj <notifications@codeplex.com>

Thanks, it does work.

For how long will be the URL valid?

Is there any way to configure its 'time to live'?

I could not find the answer to these questions reading the code.

I think it ends in "OAuthUrlGenerator.GenerateSignedUrl", but couldn't understand what happens there, and if there is any way to customize the time span in which the generated URL will be valid.

Thanks,

Horacio,-

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:45 AM

I'm running the latest trunk code, and I thought the URL was fine, but it looks like it is still a metadata link.

The result on the web browser, for the generated URL, instead of the image is:

{"revision": 14, "thumb_exists": true, "bytes": 925, "modified": "Sat, 20 Aug 2011 02:31:08 +0000", "path": "/folder1/ico-fax.gif", "is_dir": false, "icon": "page_white_picture", "root": "dropbox", "mime_type": "image/gif", "size": "925 bytes"}

or maybe I'm missing something on the GetFileSystemObjectUrl() call?

Thanks,

Horacio.-

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2011 at 6:03 AM
Hi,

please recheck your check out state with checkin http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/changes/78220 I fixed this issue!

Cheers
Dirk

2011/8/23 horacioj <notifications@codeplex.com>

I'm running the latest trunk code, and I thought the URL was fine, but it looks like it is still a metadata link.

The result on the web browser, for the generated URL, instead of the image is:

{"revision": 14, "thumb_exists": true, "bytes": 925, "modified": "Sat, 20 Aug 2011 02:31:08 +0000", "path": "/folder1/ico-fax.gif", "is_dir": false, "icon": "page_white_picture", "root": "dropbox", "mime_type": "image/gif", "size": "925 bytes"}

or maybe I'm missing something on the GetFileSystemObjectUrl() call?

Thanks,

Horacio.-

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Aug 23, 2011 at 11:04 PM

My fault, I had the right/current source code, but I was linking to an older DLL (built on /debug) instead of the new one (built on /release).

Thanks, it does work fine!