This project is read-only.

Return value of storage.Open(...)

Apr 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2011 at 11:31 PM

Hello there

Under Documentation I found an example how to create an new directory in the CloudStorage:

http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=CreateFolder%20Sample&referringTitle=Documentation

In that code sample is the following line of code:

// open the connection to the storage
if (!storage.Open(configuration, credentials))

But the method Open() hasn't a boolean as a return value. So this can't work.
What do I have to do to check whether the connection could opened or not?

Best regards

Samuel

Apr 18, 2011 at 8:31 AM
Hi,
yes we changed the return value from boolean to ICloudStorageAccessToken. If this call failes various exceptions can be thrown, so it's a good idea to handle this via try-catch. In adition to this the IsOpen property can be verified to check the current connection state of your cloud storage.
I will update the documentation, sorry for that lazy behaviour
Dirk

2011/4/17 Doltsche <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hello there

Under Documentation I found an example how to create an new directory in the CloudStorage: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=CreateFolder%20Sample&referringTitle=Documentation">CreateFolder Sample

In that code sample is the following line of code:

// open the connection to the storage
if (!storage.Open(configuration, credentials))

But the method Open() hasn't a boolean as a return value. So this can't work.
What do I have to do to check whether the connection could opened or not?

Best regards

Samuel

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Apr 18, 2011 at 12:25 PM

Hello Dirk

Thanks for your answer ;)

Best regards

Samuel

May 21, 2011 at 1:41 PM
dei79 wrote:

Now, over a month has passed and there is still no documentation update?

Aug 6, 2011 at 6:41 AM
Hi,

so after a couple more weeks I updated the documentation and you finde a tutorial online. Hope this helps.

Dirk

2011/5/21 Doltsche <notifications@codeplex.com>

dei79 wrote:

Now, over a month has passed and there is still no documentation update?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com