This project is read-only.

Progress for uploading a file

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:51 PM

Hi

I'm trying to show the user the progress when doing a file upload. so far is found that there is a FileOperationProgressChanged delegate to monitor the progress. It shows the result of how many data is written on the stream. but it doesn't represent how much is actual uploaded.

e.g.

when i upload a file of about 7MB my status bar (updated by the FileOperationProgressChanged delegate) is in a few seconds at 100% while the actual upload takes about 1min.

does some one know how to monitor the actual amount that is uploaded?

Grtz

Mar 8, 2011 at 12:13 PM
Hi,
yes it's an issue. I'm working on changing the upload code to fix this :-(. I let you know if it's done :-)
Dirk

2011/3/4 oxillery <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi

I'm trying to show the user the progress when doing a file upload. so far is found that there is a FileOperationProgressChanged delegate to monitor the progress. It shows the result of how many data is written on the stream. but it doesn't represent how much is actual uploaded.

e.g.

when i upload a file of about 7MB my status bar (updated by the FileOperationProgressChanged delegate) is in a few seconds at 100% while the actual upload takes about 1min.

does some one know how to monitor the actual amount that is uploaded?

Grtz

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Mar 29, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Hi,

I don't want to rush you or so. I'm just wondering when the problem might be fixed? 

i'm using this library in a school project, so if it would still take a while before it's done, i'll need to look for another solution.

Grtz & Thx

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:35 PM
Hi,
currently I changed the internal API for storage provider, this job is done. So it's planned to check in the upload stuff by tomorrow.
Dirk

2011/3/29 oxillery <notifications@codeplex.com>

Hi,

I don't want to rush you or so. I'm just wondering when the problem might be fixed?

i'm using this library in a school project, so if it would still take a while before it's done, i'll need to look for another solution.

Grtz & Thx

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com