application key application secret key

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:45 AM
Edited Feb 11, 2011 at 1:44 PM

Hi
i am developing an windows application in C# .net ..I have created an application where i am creating folder and uploading photos into that folder for that i have created a dropbox application as a developer at the dropbox site. After this the developer will get an application key and an application secret key, and we have to use this key and secret key in programming and uploading photos to a folder correctly, but
suppose where some other guys want to use my application he has his user name and password   he has different key and secret key...he will not able to upload photos to the folder...what will be the solution for this so that he can use my application ...i have to apply this to my application so that every one can use my application , please help me out ....waiting for the reply..

Is there any other application key and secret key is available which will run for other users also...... ...please help me, please reply for this post as i need it badly....

regards
salmaan

Feb 12, 2011 at 2:32 AM

I don't think you understand OAuth or DropBox's API. Each App should have a Key and Secret and that should not change across users. The Key and Secret should be used with a user supplied username and password to authenticate and get an access token. The token can then be used to communicate with Dropbox. Note, this is a very general description of the use and is not a verbatim set of instructions (its late and you can read the details yourself). I would suggest you read some primers on OAuth and then Dropbox's API docs. The concepts are straightforward and you should be able to understand what to do once you've spent a few minutes. 

Note, this all assumes that you're not trying to have all your users share the same Dropbox folder/account. I'm not sure that having all users share a single folder is possible as it seems to be against Dropbox's intent. 

Coordinator
Feb 12, 2011 at 7:24 AM

Hi,

yes feeling is totally right. Some key facts short:

• Every new app someone is creating will get a new app key and secret from the dropbox guys (in oAuth is called consumer key and consumer secret)
  • Every user has the enter the username and password only onetime every 10 years to authenticate against dropbox and generate an accesstoken
  • This accesstoken can be used to get access to dropbox through the defined application.

SharpBox delivers for all of this steps generalized APIs, have a look in our samples!

Regards
Dirk

Feb 13, 2011 at 5:41 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2011 at 7:49 AM

Thanks for the reply

Actually i am new to Dropbox i have gone to the below link

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/docs#api-authentication

how should i get accesstoken after enter the username and password to the dropbox.  Can you please give me some link where i can get the information.(as i am developing an app in c# windows form)

regards

salmaan

Coordinator
Feb 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM
Hi,
this SharpBox Method generates an access token:
public ICloudStorageAccessToken Open(ICloudStorageConfiguration configuration, ICloudStorageCredentials credentials
Use the DropBox Credentials of SharpBox to give use your App-Key, App-Secret, Username and password. After that you can use this method to login in via token:
public ICloudStorageAccessToken Open(ICloudStorageConfiguration configuration, ICloudStorageAccessToken token)
And this method to store the token somewhere:
public Stream SerializeSecurityToken(ICloudStorageAccessToken token)
And this to load the sored token:
public ICloudStorageAccessToken DeserializeSecurityToken(Stream tokenStream, ICloudStorageConfiguration configuration)
Hope this helps
Dirk

2011/2/13 salmaan <notifications@codeplex.com>

Thanks for the reply

Actually i am new to Dropbox how should i get accesstoken after enter the username and password to the dropbox. Can you please give me some link where i can get the information.

regards

salmaan

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Feb 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM
Edited Feb 14, 2011 at 12:52 PM

Thanks for replying..

Can you please give me any example or any link where i can see step by step what is happening.. please reply to this post its really  urgent

Coordinator
Feb 27, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Hi,

check out our Documentation section you will find examples. More examples are implemented in our unittests if you check out the code!

Dirk

2011/2/14 salmaan <notifications@codeplex.com>

Can you please give me any example or any link where i can step by step what is happening.. please reply to this post it really urgent

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com