Drop box .net api

Feb 9, 2011 at 6:47 AM
Edited Feb 9, 2011 at 11:28 AM

Hi,

As i am new to dropbox i am developing an application in C#  windows form , where should i get the .net Api as i am not able to find that...i want to do the following thing in my application

1)--authenticate to Dropbox

//==========================================

2)--upload photo to Dropbox,....

3)--how to make the photo private at the upload time

//===========================================

//=========================================

4)--how to create an album

5)--how to make album private

6)--upload photo to an album of Dropbox... using DropboxApi...

//==========================================

Any help with the coding perspective .....waiting for the reply...

Feb 9, 2011 at 4:40 PM

I'm assuming you already downloaded sharpbox from the home page. Then you just have to reference the SharpBox.Net dll, which should be wherever you extracted sharpbox to, in your c# project to use the api libraries. Make sure to use the .Net dll that corresponds with whichever .Net version you use. As far as the actual coding, you should check out the Documentation tab on this site. It has some good examples that should be able to get you started.

Feb 10, 2011 at 5:54 AM
Edited Feb 10, 2011 at 1:16 PM

Hi searl1

thanks for reply i have downloaded SharpBox-1.0.3-261 from the home page, then inside SharpBox-1.0.3-261 two folder are there fx40 and fx35 and there fx40 there is dll name (AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.Net40.dll) i am adding this but unable to add as i am using Visual Studio 2008  . As you said to add SharpBox.Net dll but this dll is not there which dll should i add for .net .. tell me where i am wrong..waiting for the reply.

i have added this dll (AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.dll) from fx35 folder after that i added the below code on button click..as i want to create creating folder , i have taken code from the documentation(sample code for comfort functions) and i am getting error below

type or namespace 'dropbox' could not be found

what i am doing wrong please help me...

======================================

using System;
using
AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox;
using AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox;

// instanciate a new credentials object, e.g. for dropbox
DropBox.DropBoxCredentials credentials = new AppLimit.CloudComputing.SharpBox.DropBox.DropBoxCredentials();

// attach the application information
credentials.ConsumerKey = "TheApplicationKey";
credentials.ConsumerSecret = "TheApplicationSecret";

// add the account information
credentials.UserName = "myaccount@dropbox.com";
credentials.Password = "mypassword";

// instanciate a cloud storage configuration, e.g. for dropbox
DropBox.DropBoxConfiguration configuration = DropBox.DropBoxConfiguration.GetStandardConfiguration();

// instanciate the cloudstorage manager
CloudStorage storage = new CloudStorage();

// open the connection to the storage
if (!storage.Open(configuration, credentials))
{
Console.WriteLine("Connection failed");
return;
}

// create a very long folder paht
storage.CreateFolder("/Public/My/Very/Long/Folder/Path/Which/Will/Generated/In/Just/One/Call");

// close the cloud storage connection
if (storage.IsOpened)
{
storage.Close();
}

Feb 11, 2011 at 11:20 AM

I got my answer..

Nov 8, 2011 at 5:47 AM

Can you please explain how did you solve this? I am also getting same error in my Windows phone 7 app development.

Thanks in advance

Tarak

Nov 8, 2011 at 8:20 AM

Can you please explain how did you solve this? I am also getting same error in my Windows phone 7 app development.

Thanks in advance

Tarak

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:52 AM

Same here -- .NET 4 Full not working both for Client Profile or .NET 4

Please advise

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2011 at 6:28 PM
I think he downloaded the gratest and latest release: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/releases/view/74634#DownloadId=297403

Cheers
Dirk

2011/11/11 tillias <notifications@codeplex.com>

Same here -- .NET 4 Full not working both for Client Profile or .NET 4

Please advise

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com