To developers: please stop using this.MethodName

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 6:57 AM

subj says it all

Please use MethodName rather than than this.MethodName

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Hi,

do we have to remove all positions in the code or did you do this?

Regards
Dirk

Developer
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:25 AM

Hi,

Concerning code guidelines, is there a reason to use "var" instead of real class name (like "PathHelper")?

Renald

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM

For now, lets just not create a new ones. I’ll clean the existing ones when I get back from a short vacation at the end of the next week.

To Ranald... since the project is .Net 4.0 based, I think, it makes sense to take advantage of the new C# syntax features. But I guess in this case it’s a matter of personal preferences.

Coordinator
Nov 19, 2010 at 3:31 PM
Hi,

Using var instead of real names has to positive effect that you can change a class without modifying all declarations when the function will be supported. It's mainly used for dynamic code but it's true it's very intransparent

regards
Dirk

On Nov 19, 2010, at 12:27 PM, scode wrote:

For now, lets just not create a new ones. I’ll clean the existing ones when I get back from a short vacation at the end of the next week.

To Ranald... since the project is .Net 4.0 based, I think, it makes sense to take advantage of the new C# syntax features. But I guess in this case it’s a matter of personal preferences.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com