FEATURE: Renaming of files and folders

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 6:09 AM

I've started using SharpBox as part of my application. In the application I need to have ability to rename remote files and folders.

It looks like RenameEntry method would need to be added to the DropBoxApplication class.

Please let me know if you are planning to add such feature in the next release.

Thanks,
Yury

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2010 at 7:26 AM
Hi,
 
I added a feature for this under the following link: http://sharpbox.codeplex.com/workitem/14342
 
Please be so kind and press the vote button for this feature, I will work in this :-)
 
regards
Dirk

2010/9/29 scode <notifications@codeplex.com>

From: scode

I've started using SharpBox as part of my application. In the application I need to have ability to rename remote files and folders.

It looks like RenameEntry method would need to be added to the DropBoxApplication class.

Please let me know if you are planning to add such feature in the next release.

Thanks,
Yury

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email sharpbox@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com


Coordinator
Oct 3, 2010 at 1:09 PM

Hi Yury,

just a minute ago I released version 1.0.1 of SharpBox, this version contains your rename operation and some other bug fixes.

Dirk

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2010 at 1:50 PM

Thanks! I'll give it a try on Monday.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:22 AM

Hi,
I've taken a look at the new API that has been added in the 1.0.1.

Personally I think that it might be good idea to add the following method for renaming files:

public bool RenameFileSystemEntry(ICloudDirectoryEntry directoryEntry, String newName, String oldName)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Yury

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:41 AM
Hi,

Why do you Need the oldName parameter? This is part of the FileSytemEntry as self?

Dirk 

Sent from my iPhone

On 04.10.2010, at 07:22, "scode"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: scode

Hi,
I've taken a look at the new API that has been added in the 1.0.1.

Personally I think that it might be good idea to add the following method for renaming files:

public bool RenameFileSystemEntry(ICloudDirectoryEntry directoryEntry, String newName, String oldName)

What do you think?

Thanks,
Yury

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 6:50 AM

Please note that the first argument is actually a directory entry. That's why newName and oldName are needed.

Come to think about it, I would really prefer to have functions that doesn't require ICloudXXXEntry arguments at all.
For example, DeleteFileSystemEntry, I would prefer it to have the following signature:
DeleteFileSystemEntry(string filePath)

It would be similar to CreateFolder(String path), that is already available in the current version of SharpBox.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 7:12 AM
Hi,

Yes you are right, All this are kind of comfort functions. I will add some more in the next release.

Dirk

Sent from my iPhone

On 04.10.2010, at 07:51, "scode"<notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: scode

Please note that the first argument is actually a directory entry. That's why newName and oldName are needed.

Come to think about it, I would really prefer to have functions that doesn't require ICloudXXXEntry arguments at all.
For example, DeleteFileSystemEntry, I would prefer it to have the following signature:
DeleteFileSystemEntry(string filePath)

It would be similar to CreateFolder(String path), that is already available in the current version of SharpBox.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 7:18 AM

Thanks! In my free time, I don't mind contributing to this project. If you need any assitance, you can add me to the developers list.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 7:35 AM
Hi,

thanks for your support, I added you as developer.

Dirk

Sent from my iPhone

On 04.10.2010, at 08:19, scode <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

From: scode

Thanks! In my free time, I don't mind contributing to this project. If you need any assitance, you can add me to the developers list.

Coordinator
Oct 4, 2010 at 7:42 AM

thanks!