This project is read-only.

Question & Bug

Aug 31, 2010 at 1:38 PM

Hi,

Thanks for this project, it is very useful.

Firstly, I was a little concened to see an OAuth URL callback to "www.applimit.com", please can you explain why this is in the code?

Secondly, I think you have a bug in the "GetContentStream" function.  It is related to sub-directory file uploads.  I've fixed my copy with the following change:

public Stream GetContentStream(DropBoxSession session, ICloudDirectoryEntry parent, String Name, FileAccess access )

{
            // build url
            var p = parent as DropBoxDirectoryEntry;
            //String ur = _dropBoxUploadDownloadFile + "/" + GetRootToken(session) + "/" + p.GetDropBoxPath();
            String ur = _dropBoxUploadDownloadFile + "/" + GetRootToken( session ) + p.GetDropBoxPath();

// open the stream
            DropBoxFileStream fsStream = new DropBoxFileStream(session, ur, Name, access);
            return fsStream;            
        }

regards,
Rich
Aug 31, 2010 at 11:26 PM

Hi Rich,

to generate a valid oAuth service context the callback URL is necessary. This URL will be called from the authentication process after a valid authorization. In the time when DropBox does not support a real API call for login, I used a browser based approach to get the access token from DropBox. Currently DropBox supports a specific API call which needs a valid request token. Generating this request token need this valid service context but the url will never called from this api.

Secondly, you are right. I had a small bug in generating url and I fixed this in the current code. Thanks for your contribution, you will find the changes in the source code area. I will support a new binary release with the changes for .NET 4.0

regards
Dirk

PS: Should you work on a real world project, please be so kind and fill out our discussion for this topic.

Sep 1, 2010 at 8:51 AM
Edited Sep 1, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Hi Dirk,

Thanks for the quick reply.  Good luck with the project.

PS: There is also a typo with the "m" in "ComsumerSecret", in DropBoxCredentials.cs, I'm sure this is meant to be "ConsumerSecret". ;-)

"PS: Should you work on a real world project, please be so kind and fill out our discussion for this topic"

My tool is only a personal research project.  If it becomes publicly available, I'll let you know.

regards,

Rich

Sep 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM
Hi Rich, thanks for the tip with the spelling mistake. I will fix this too ;-) I'm happy to here frome your project. regards Dirk
Sep 5, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Hi Rich,

just a second ago Beta4 with .Net 4.0 support is ready for download

regards
Dirk